MESSAGE FROM RANDY BRINKERHOFF'S NEICE:
As most of you know I have been a full-time live-in nanny in New York City for the past 4 years and have loved every minute of it. But now it's time for a change. The job, the family and the situation are as wonderful as ever it is just not what I need to be doing anymore. It would be so much easier to leave if the kids were terrible and the parents unsupportive or the living arrangements and compensation were subpar but they are as topnotch as ever. I couldn't ask for a better position. If I could I would. But I just don't want to nanny anymore.
So I quit my job Friday, or at least gave notice. Now all that is left is to find a replacement.
Therefore I am emailing all of you to see if either you or if you know someone that would be interested in this fabulous position.
Basic details:
Full-time live-in on the Upper East Side of New York City and East Hampton, NY
Two working parents and two girls ages 9 and 12
M-F 7-9 hours a day, during the school year
I don't work weekends and if I do I am paid over time and it is always my choice to say no. When I was hired I told them I only work Sundays if both parents are out of town and I can take the girls to church with me (they go to Catholic school but attend a Methodist church once a year at Christmas). As the parents rarely travel on the weekends, I work maybe 2 or 3 Sundays a year and the girls have come to enjoy Sacrament meeting. Their observations about it are priceless.
Summers hours are different as we move to their summer home on Long Island. It's my favorite part of the year.
Responsibilities:
Getting them to and from school, play-dates, appointments and after-school activities
Tutoring Homework
Grocery shopping and cooking
Organization and upkeep of the children's areas
Errands: mostly child related but some household and parent ones
Putting them to bed (only 2-3 nights a week)
Planning activities and adventures when the children are not in school (my favorite days)
Compensation:
I am going to say its negotiable, because I can't speak for them, but I am well paid and they pay for my health insurance. Also keep in mind I live rent free in a very expensive city and all my food is paid for. So other than paying for a cell phone, all money is fun money. I am quite willing to give more details to individual inquires.
The ideal candidate:
College Graduate - the girls go to an intensive private school and you need to be able to keep three steps ahead of them
Mid 20's - needs to be assertive and independent
Willing to commit to at least two years - I only committed to one but there was an understanding that I was looking for something long-term and not just a year of fun in NYC. It would be nice if I could be replaced with the same.
I could add patient, kind, fun etc. but obviously if you like working with kids you know those things.
It is a great job for someone right out of college that needs a couple years to rejuvenate and pay off school loans.
Please contact me asap if you are interested and please forward this on to anyone you know who would be ideal for this.
Ideally I would like someone to start the 1st of September, but sooner is fine. But later is optional as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment